Monday, March 25, 2013

Photo Props

Wow...it's been a really long time since I've been here.  I've been so inspired by Pinterest and Facebook, that I've forgotten what a great place this can be.

I have been sewing, knitting and crocheting!  Here are a few of my latest projects.  My daughter is a photographer and you can find her at www.shellywalkerphotography.com.  I have been making photo props for her.  For her Halloween sessions, I made a baby pumpkin hat.  Just love this one!




For one of her Christmas sessions, she asked for a baby Santa hat.  Of course, I complied!  Love the yarn I chose.  Not only is it a adorable, it was fun to make.  I have a cousin in Arizona who also does photography and I will be making her one of these for 2013.


Her latest request was for me to purchase an early Birthday present...my kids tend to do that to me.  I think in hopes that I forget and get them something else when the birthday arrives.  Anyway, she wanted a Pouf for babies to lay on for photo shoots.  Well, after looking at the Pouf, which was $59.99 without filling, I said to myself (as I often do)...I can make that.  So, I looked over the measurements online.  I went to my fabric stash and found some fun coordinating fabrics that I had purchased with the intent to make a tote bag.  I used three different fabrics, 1 yard each and 1 zipper.  My cost for the fabric was about $18.00 ish.  The pellet bean bag filling was found at K-Mart for $12.99 per bag and I used about 2 1/4 bags.

I know, it's very pinky, however, she can cover it up with one of her furry pieces and it works great!  It's about 3 feet wide and about 12" high.  The grandkids love it to sit on.  I think I'll make one to keep at my house for them!



I almost forgot about the "tent" I made.  My son in law made the frame and I pieced together the fabric for a tent to use in the photo shoots.



That's it for now.  I hope you enjoy my projects.  I know I had fun making them.  I'm hoping to add some tutorials in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment